Monday, July 2, 2012

Big Bang!

Good Morning!

This week at SSD,  the design teams is doing "The big bang" theme.   It's also my day to post over at The BugBytes.
 
For today I made a layout for my Grandson's 1st 4th of July! He is just shy of 6 months old and I can't wait to take him to the parade and see the fireworks! I love the Stand and Salute cartridge for this type of thing.  They have awesome banners and fireworks and rockets!






I used several different cartridge and my gypsy for some welding and hiding contour.

From Stand and Salute:
I cut the banner twice @ 4 and hide every other star and opposite parts on the bottom of the banner on the white paper.  On the red paper I hid all contours.
 On the red, white and blue fireworks, that was cut @ 3 and I added some stickles to the center.
The rockets were cut @ 1.5 and I flipped one of the images.  I added white stickles to the "flame" with a touch of red in the center.
The firecrackers were cut @ 2 with red stickles added to them.
The 4th of July was cut @ 4 and I used my white gel pen to add some depth to it.

From Tinkerbell and Friends:

The other two fireworks were cut @ 4 and 3.5.  I added clear stickles to the top layer and then some gems to each "burst".

From MS Birthday Cake:
I cut out the grass @ 1 and welded 4 together for each 12 x 12 page.

From Home Decor:
I cut out the word memories @ 2 and used my white gel pen on that also.


Thanks for looking!













1 comment: