Saturday, April 6, 2013

Altered bird house

Good Afternoon!

My Mom "challenged" me the other day to pick one of the birdhouses she picked at J's and decorate it.  She's making one also.

The theme this week over at Crafts and me Challenges is spring flowers, so this fits in perfectly there also.

I started out spray painting my birdhouse in a cream color.


Next I cover all sides in some K&Company paper and lightly inked the edges of the birdhouse.




I took a matching border and creased it to fit around the side of the house.


Next I made a HUGE mess hot gluing spanish moss to the roof and adding a bird and flowers.  I also cut a border fence with my MS punch.  I had to hot glue the fence down, since regular tape didn't hold it.  For the paper, I was able to use my pink atg gun to attach.  I think it turned out pretty good considering I've never decorated wood before.

The birds eye view...


The front, back and sides of the birdhouse...




An angle view...

The best part is everything used to make this (besides the birdhouse itself) was made with scraps and recycled things I had around the house!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. wow Jen what an amazing creation and I love how you decorated it...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me Challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete