Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bridal Shower Cards

Good Morning,

My daughter's bridal shower is this Sunday, so I really needed to get to work making two cards!  We didn't get back from Texas until late Sunday night, so I'm in a huge hurry to get things done and caught up!

My Mom -in - law sent home with me one of her first "pen and ink" drawings that she made roughly 60 years ago, called "Texas Wildflowers."  She's giving it to my daughter for her shower.   At 89 years old, the trip to Wisconsin is just too much for her.  

I used her picture for a theme for the two cards I needed (1 from me and 1 from my MIL).  I followed along with Mojo Monday and Tuesday Morning Sketches
The Mojo Monday sketch...
My take on that sketch...

The Tuesday Morning Sketch...

My take on their sketch...


And the drawing that started it all...


10 years ago at my wedding, she painted me a picture also, which my darling daughter keep trying to take! lol  I have a painting that goes with it for my daughter's wedding also, I post that when I make her wedding card from my MIL.  

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing artist your mom is! And what a precious gift for her to give. I love the gorgeous papers you've used & how wonderfully the cards go with the artwork! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete