Friday, April 4, 2014

Triple Time Stamping, without stamping!

Good Morning!

I found another Technique the other day while on pinterest, called Tripe Time Stamping.  Those of you who follow my blog know I'm not much of a stamper.  {Since discovering Mojo Monday and winning a few times, I have found the stamps themselves make a world of difference and have been stamping more.}  I went searching for how to directions on this new technique and found this YouTube Video from Brandys Cards.  I didn't want to use the stamping technique this time because I had found some patterned paper in my scrap piles.  Then I figured out how to use my Spellbinders instead.  Below are the cards I've finished, I have a few more on my table that I'll post when I finish them.

This was the very first one, I used my spellbinders Matting Basics B.  While I liked it, I thought the 1/4 borders were too large.

So I tried it with another Spellbinders set, Filigree Delight and ovals.  Since I only had one set of ovals, I couldn't do the border.  I wasn't thrilled with this one either.  Since both were done with scrap pieces, I didn't mind so much.  :)

I went back to using Matting basics B and using my trimmer to cut the solid paper borders.  I was very happy with how these turned out!
  (You can click on the image to make it larger)
While I was happy with how these turned out, I had to add some bling to one of them! lol
I've made another small change to the new ones I'm working on, I'll post them when I'm done.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment