Monday, December 5, 2011

Window Vinyl for Christmas

Good Morning!

During the summer, my sister was given a bag of vinyl scraps. She had no use for them, so she gave them to me. My goal for today was to start using those scraps and dress up my front door and windows for Christmas.

I started out making snowflakes, the size depending on the size of scrap vinyl. I used winter lace and sophie and cut them out at 2.5, 3, 3.3, 4, 4.5 and 5.5. One of the many reasons I love my gypsy so much is being able to layout my vinyl all at one time.


Now if only I could come up with a faster way to weed it! I had to use the Sophie snowflake, it's so pretty and easy to weed.



For the Christmas tree I only had a 12 x 5 piece of green vinyl, so that was cut @ 10.5 from the Christmas solutions cartridge. The snow layer was cut with a shinier white, but the shine didn't show up in pictures. The two deer were cut from PDDU @ 5 and the single deer was cut from Give a Hoot @5 also.


I also cut out the bunny and the hat from Winter Woodland, both @ 3.3.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment: