Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Organizaning my craft room

Good Morning!

I've been working on cleaning up and organizing my craft room the last week or so and I wanted to show you some of what I've done. I've been working in what use to be a closet, it still is of course, it just doesn't have the doors anymore. This is how it looked when I started.



I went out and bought 2 purple boxes from Michael's.

and one smaller box.


Here I found Okie's idea for sorting her carts and handbooks. After I made a few of the folders like hers, I decided it was so much faster and easier to just cut the folders and buy some Index Tabs. My folders are 7.25 x 9.5. I used up some really ugly paper that I had NO idea what to do with! LOL


About 90 folders or so later, I filled up both purple boxes. In the small box I put a few carts that didn't fit in another box I had and I put the overlays from the solutions cartridges.




The pink box has the cartridges in it.

From Scrapbooks ect I found a great idea for storing my paper and sticker/border, ect sets together. I found the skirt hangers and bed, bath and beyond for $6.99 minus my 20% off coupon.




It's in the picture because I forgot to move it and I haven't figured out how I want to store them yet. My left over flowers from other projects are sitting in a small {empty!} garbage can. Trouble is supervising the progress I'm making.


I think the shelves look so much better without the cartridge boxes taking up two shelves. {The empty boxes are now in the attic in a tote, although I'm not sure why I am hanging on to them.}




The other half of the room is my office, so there are no pictures of that.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Very organized!! Wanna come and do my room:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a job! I wish I had a separate space like that. I like in an apartment and am trying to store everything neatly in my living room where I usually work. So far 'it ain't happening'. Congratulations on what you have done and good luck with keeping it going.
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete