Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vintage Valentine's Day cards

Good Morning!

This week at Sweetsassydiva's the theme is Vintage Valentine's. I made two cards, mostly because I wasn't real thrilled with the first one. The second one I made for my DH. While he isn't really isn't into trains, several years ago while driving around looking at Christmas lights we seen a train set outside and he laughingly said "Look at the choo choo's!" My daughter and I will never let him forget that!! Every time we see a train we tease him about it, so when I seen the vintage valentine train I knew I had to make it for him.

The first card was made with spellbinder's dies.


I inked the edges in red.


I added some red ribbon.
And attached it to a red card.

The next card I made was a twisted easel card. (The first one I made can be found HERE.)
I started out with a 12 x 6 and a 6x6 piece of red paper.

I used my MS scoreboard and scored the 12x6 piece at 6 and then again diagonally.

Add glue to the folded over side

Attach the 6x6 piece to the glue.

I went back to my spellbinders and cut out the train image and a blue background. I inked the train image in a light blue.

I cut 2 pieces of patterned paper just a hair under 6x6. I attached the first square to the top piece.

I used my gel pen to add "stitching" and some bling to it. Then I added my train image and mat

I used some gems from Michaels for the "smoke" from the train.


I added the second piece of patterned paper that I cut earlier and added it the inside. I cut two more boarders from spellbinders for my inside saying. I used a big blue gem to hold the card up and two corners to dress it up a bit.



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment