Monday, October 1, 2012

Joy Fold Thanksgiving card

Good Morning!
Today is my day to post over at The Bugbytes and I wanted to do something different.  Over at Splitcoast Stampers, I found the directions to make a Joy Fold card.

I started out with two pieces of card stock cut at 4 x 8.5 (scored at 5.5) and 3 x 8 (scored at 4).

I then cut out (1) 4 x 5.25 piece of patterned paper.
I also cut out 3 different pieces of paper at 2.75 x 3.75.
I inked around the edges of all the patterned paper and then started to put everything together.

On the 3 x 8 piece of card stock I place the patterned paper on each side as shown.

I glued down the smaller piece of card stock to the larger piece.
Having never made one of these cards before, I decided I really didn't like the inside of darker orange cardstock blank, so I cut another piece of patterned paper at 2.75 x 3.75 and glued that down.  From there I started decorating my card.  I used a tag (a time to give thanks) with a pop glue dot to hold the flap of my card closed.




I really like how this card turned out.  They are a lot more work, but I think it was worth the effort!

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Love the card. Filled with Fall colors. I haven't seen this type of card before. Thanks for the detailed instructions. Have to make this lovely soon. TFS

    ReplyDelete