Friday, February 18, 2011

Tissue Paper Flowers

I needed to make a Thank you card today and wanted flowers other than what I had on hand. I took some tissue paper and cut and layered them about 12 high and put a brad through them.
The color brad doesn't matter since you won't see it anyway. I started with the top layer and crushed the paper towards the center.
I worked each layer separately until they were all scrunched up.
Then I started opening them up, starting with the top, until I had a flower I liked.
I used a sizzix die and a ms punch for the ferns, branches and border. I added two different ribbons and glued everything together. I inked the entire card face with red ink.
I had to finish this card fast! Sassy loves crumpled up paper and my working with the tissue paper was more "teasing" than she could take!
I wasn't able to get a picture of the extra completed flowers before Sassy got ahold of them. This is her "Are you seriously yelling at me?!!" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment