Thursday, July 21, 2011

CHA Make n Takes

Yesterday I went to CHA with Bobbi Jo from sweetsassydiva.com! It was my first time ever going to CHA and I have to say I had such a great time. A HUGE thanks to Bobbi Jo for bringing me along!!

At the Provo Craft press event, we made a badge frame. The frame was cut from the Fancy Frames project cartridge. The flowers were from the Flower Shoppe project cartridge.


I love the way the flowers turned out!!






At the Scotch brand booth we made a make n take with some new products that I was really impressed with!! We made a simple cover for the 3x5 yellow post-it notes.



We used the pink ATG gun (my favorite tape gun!) to tape down the ribbon, the post-it notes and the green base shape. Scotch came out with a new adhesive pop-up dots that are different from other pop-up dots.


These have a liner on BOTH sides! It's great for when you know what you want to pop up but are looking to see where you like the placement of it. Since the back side is covered once you attach the pop-up dots (for example my trees in this case) you can lay them down where you think you want them, but unlike standard dots, since it's not glued down yet you can move them around to find what you like best. Such a simple thing, but it makes creating so much easier.
They also have the double sided glue squares, but they did something I never thought of. To close the note holder, we used a piece of scotch tape and put a glue square in the center of that.



Then we place another piece of scotch tape, sticky side up on top of the square and closed the holder. That way the alignment was perfect and the glue square keeps the holder closed.


When you open it, because you have scotch tape down, it doesn't rip your paper and it can be reused over and over until you run out of post-it notes!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment