Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Parent's Day!

This year for my Mom I made a purse for her. Using TBBM, I cut purse #47 @ 11.5 x 20.235. I used the red double sided tape from Provo Craft to put the purse together.


From Forever Young I cut the 4th flower on the bottom row at 5.5. I used a cuttlebug folder (swirls) on the two middle layers. I used my white gel pen on all the layers to add faux stitching. I used a red velvet ribbon for the handle.




I added 10 various cards and envelopes to the inside. I will add some velcro to hold the flap down before I give it to her. :)


For those who want to know how this day came about, from Wikipedia:
"In the United States, Parents' Day is held on the fourth Sunday of every July. This was established in 1994 when President Bill Clinton signed a Congressional Resolution into law (36 U.S.C. § 135) for "recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children." The bill was introduced by Republican Senator Trent Lott. It was supported by members of the Unification Church which also celebrates a holiday called Parents' Day, although on a different date. United States Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has said: "Replacing Mother's Day and Father's Day with a Parents' Day should be considered, as an observance more consistent with a policy of minimizing traditional sex-based differences in parental roles."

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment