Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Picnic!

Good Morning!

The theme this week for SweetSassyDiva's DT is Picnic, which comes at a great time for me! Every year my family has a reunion at the end of July at Fox Lake. My Grandparents bought a place there about 40 years ago, so my family has been going there for a long time. My parents bought my Grandparent's place just before they died and my husband and I bought a place two doors down about 5 years ago. It's on a small island, so not only is there fishing, but there's also a lot of wildlife to see, hence the animals in my LO. (I wasn't trying to "say" anything about my family! LOL)

I used 11 different carts for this project. The background paper is My Mind's Eye, the Penny Lane collection. The photo mats were left overs, so I'm not sure what collection they are from. I always use Core'dination paper, I think it cuts the best in my expression. I added glossy accents to the firefly's wings, black enamel accents to the watermelon and the grill, white enamel accents to the frogs and liquid pearls to the deer. All the cuts were just regular cuts, so I didn't take pictures of each step.




Country Life: the banner cut @ 3, the white letters were also the banner, but I used hide contour on the banner to get just the letters in the correct size without too much work. The "July 2011" was cut @ 2.

George and Basic Shapes: the photo mats in different sizes

MS Seasonal: the grass was cut @ 1 and welded together in Design Studio

Walk in my Garden: the caterpillar was cut @ 1

Animal Kingdom: the frogs (3) were cut @ 1

Kates ABC's: the bunny was cut @ 2.5 and flipped in DS

Doodlecharms: the fireflies were cut @ 1.5

Paper Dolls for Everyday: the grill was cut @ 8.25. The utensils were cut @ 4

Indie Art: the birds were cut @ 2

A Childs Year: the watermelon was cut @ 1

Cindy Loo: the deer was cut @ 4 and the squirrel was cut @ 3



Thanks for looking!

1 comment: