Sunday, August 28, 2011

Halloween Banner

Good Morning!

This week at SweetSassyDiva's the design team was asked to make Halloween banners. I've made a few banners in the past, so I decided to do more of a mobile type wall hanging/banner. I started out with 4 sets of 3 scalloped ovals in orange @ 7.17, black @ 6.825 and purple @ 6.5.


Because the black was going to be hidden except for the edges anyway, I saved some paper and cut some of my images out of the black ovals. (I didn't do that on the orange because I wouldn't want that seen on the back side)


The easy part was gluing all three pieces together using my pink ATG tape.


For the top piece that my ovals would attach to, I used Lacy Labels. I cut all three layers at 4.5 and glued them down. Happy Halloween was cut from MS Seasonal @ 2.25. (the picture is missing the orange piece I hadn't added yet)


Using Design Studio I picked out all the images I wanted to use on my ovals. To save typing and time, I'll just list a recipe of them.

From PDDU, the skelton was cut @ 5, the bat @ .75, the bag @ 1.5 and the cat @ 2.15. I used pop dots on the cat and bat.


The Wizzard was cut @ 4, also from Paper Doll Dress Up. I used stickels on the beard and a black marker.



The Magician was cut @ 5. I used a white gel pen, a black marker and a pink marker. (NOTE: I added the eyes and "buttons" after I attached them to the ovals on all 3 "dolls", after these pictures were taken.)


The ballerina was cut @ 5. I used gold stickles on her headpiece. I used my Viva Decor violet pen on the floral belt and shoes.


I used some craft ribbon to make a double bow, which I used glue dots to attach to the top piece of the banner. I then cut 2 strips of 35 inch ribbon and attached to the back of the top banner.


I used my pink ATG tape to attach each oval at intervals.



I love how this turned out! A major bonus was the fun I had making it. PDDU has so many great cuts on it.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is abaolutely fabulous!! What a great idea. I can picture one of these for Thanksgiving and Christmas too!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete