Friday, November 18, 2011

Another Easel birthday card

Good Morning,

A family friend is having a birthday next week and I needed to make her a card. Since she's a Nun, I wanted to do something with the cross from the Easter cartridge. I didn't make the standard 4.25 x 11 card stock, I used 5 x 12 instead. For the front layers, I used 4.75 x 5.75 for the patterned paper and just a hair bigger for the solid layer. On the bottom piece I used 2.75 x 4.75 for the patterned paper and again just a hair(1/8) bigger for the solid paper. The cross was cut at 5.5.

Since I was using K&Company's double sided paper, I took the top layer of the cross and flipped it on my G, along with the happy birthday (from an MS cart). That way I could layout everything except my card base and cross base on one sheet of paper and just do one cutting. So tell me, is that just being creative, or was it just plain lazy on my part?? I can't decide. :)


2 comments:

  1. Very nice card. Love the background. Pops up the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. It is so creative of you to make it a pop up card! i am now a follower of yours, your creations are just so amazing!
    hope you visit my blog:)
    annabeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete