Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Leaves ~picture heavy!

Good Morning!

I've been playing around in my craft room and online looking at different ideas to try.   I've spent a lot of time looking at Card-Making Magic and  Amazing Paper Grace.  While looking around I came up with the idea to make a card with a frame using my spellbinders.  My Mom bought an embossing folder with leaves and swirls that she wanted me to make a card with.  As it usually happens, the first one didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to.  :)

If you look closely, you'll see my mess from the hot glue gun.  I also used pop dots that were too large.  I liked the card in general, but wanted to fix my mistakes.

I started out coloring my embossed image of the leaves and swirls...
Next I cut my leaves from my Spellbinders dies and colored them with 4 different colored inks.
Then I used my Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  I used 3 or 4 layers on each leaf.


I cut out the frame using Labels 25, the 1 and 3rd dies.
Next I cut into my card using Majestic Labels 25
I also cut out a tag from Spellbinders, sorry, I don't know the name of it!
I cut out a background piece for the inside of my card using yellow glitter paper.  Then I put it all together, being more careful then the first card!


I think I liked the colors in the first card better.  lol








No comments:

Post a Comment