Monday, May 7, 2012

1st Mother's Day

Good Morning!

This is Jen from 3 Cats and a Bug. This week at SweetSassyDiva's the theme is All about Mom's. It's also my day to post over at The Bugbytes !

I decided to make a two page layout for my Grandson's Mom for her first Mother's Day. I used several different cartridges for this layout. I wanted to use the floral circle from Mother's Day 2010 cartridge, so I started with that cut @ 11.5. I cut it in 3 different layers using my gypsy. The bottom layer was in green and I used the hide contour to hide the small flowers around the edge. The second layer was blue, which I left alone. The top layer I hid all the lines except for the flowers, which I cut from yellow, green and blue patterned paper. I wanted the circle on both pages, so once I figured out where, I cut it in two.


I saved the leftover from those cuts.

I used my Viva Decor Pearl Pen and added purple dots around the edge. I added some flower gems to the larger flower cut outs and smaller pearl dots to the small flowers.

The next thing I needed was a frame for the picture. I used a frame from Mother's Day 2010, cut @ 6.8 and hid the inside cut. From lacy labels I took the butterfly oval, cut @ 4 and welded it into the MD frame. I also cut the same oval to layer on the frame in a darker blue.

I added the picture to the frame, adjusting it how I wanted it to sit, and then flipped it over and taped the picture down. (The picture is of the three of them when Bentlee was about 1 hour old. Such an awesome day!!)

I love decorating my cuts. To the layer on the frame I added "stitching" with a white gel pen. I used some Stickles to the butterfly and when that dried I added glossy accents, although it really doesn't show up well in the picture. I used 4 of the bigger flowers from the circle leftovers and added green brads to it. I inked the edges of the frame in blue chaulk.

I cut out "Happy Mother's Day" from Mother's Day 2010 @ 5.

I used my white gel pen to decorate it.

I cut out an image of Mom and child from A Child's Year @ 6. I will admit I messed them up when laying everything out to cut. I had meant for the dark blue to be the shadow. When I realized what I did, I put them together anyways and actually liked how they looked, so I didn't fix it. :)

I cut out the purple swirls from Lovely Floral @ 3. I added pink liquid pearls to the flowers.

This is the first page,

and the second page,

and the two of them together.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing layout, Jen!!! Love all the little touches and the silhouette looks perfect with the dark layer on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love this lo Jen!! I love how you did the floral circle with all the hiding and cutting then adding pearls and bling, so fablous!! I also love all your die cuts you used, they are just perfect!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiul layout. Looks so whimsical. TFS

    ReplyDelete