Sunday, March 4, 2012

St. Pat's Angel

Good Morning!

This week at SweetSassyDiva’s the theme is Luck of the Irish. I was figuring out how I wanted to do this project as I went along. I wasn’t sure how it was going to look when I was done with it, so I didn't take pictures of the process.

I cut the Angel out @ 20 from the Christmas Solutions cartridge, so I had to cut it in pieces. Thanks to my Gypsy, this wasn’t a problem!

I cut out the upper body first, along with the hair and the floral vine (from MS Elegant) and flower on a 12 x 24 mat.

Next I cut out a larger portion of the Angel for the yellow dress and the top cut of the wings, cut @ 11.75.

The solid part of the wing, also @ 11.75 in dark green.

The bottom part of the yellow dress:

I trimmed the brown hair and added it to the flesh colored face and added that and the hands to the yellow part. I glued the two yellow pieces together and added some green ribbon to cover the seam. I printed out my saying on velum and glued that to the top of the skirt. I took a piece of my Reflections rhinestones cut it down for her necklace. I really need to invest in some Peachy Keen face stamps, but my crafting budget has become my “spoil my Grandson” budget. LOL


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen, this is really gorgeous!! I so love it and love that you made her be St. Pattys day themed instead of Christmas! Love the sentiment saying on her dress!! Great job my friend!! Totally get the "spoil my grandson budge"!!! lol That seems to be my problem as well only I'm spoiling the grand daughters! lol So love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. You did a great job.
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete